Point Loma Tutor is dedicated to providing tutoring and consultative services in the home setting. With a convenient Point Loma location, you can arrange for tutoring one on one, or with a small group in my home or yours.
From school projects and mathematics to reading and science, I am an expert at applying my knowledge to make learning easier and more enjoyable.
I make learning fun. I find out what the student likes to do and then connect that to how they can learn. If they like lego, we make a lego project then we can write out it, read our story, make a movie about it, make a math problem about it. Your child will be learning in a way that does not happen in the classroom anymore.
I have worked with students with developmental disabilities such as autism improve their abilities to learn, function independently, socialize and develop into contributing members of their communities.
Schedule your initial consultation today to set up a learning plan for your child.
I also offer technology assistance for all ages. If you want to learn more about your iphone, ipad, or mac computer make an appointment today. I also assist with pc’s using Windows 7, 8 and earlier versions. I can come to your home and help make your devices do what you need them to do.
- BS in Engineering from Vanderbilt University
- MBA from Xavier University
- BA in Liberal Studies with minor in Art History from Santa Clara University
- MA in Special Education Mild Moderate from Santa Clara University
- Education Specialist Instruction Credential – Level 2 Clear “Mild/Moderate” K-12
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Authorization
- Resource Teacher for 6th, 7th, 8th graders at Price Middle School, Cambrian School District
- Student Teacher for 7th, 8th graders at Herman Middle School, Oak Grove School District
- Math Enrichment Teacher 3rd and 4th graders at Baldwin Elementary, Oak Grove School District
- College Math Teacher at Champlain College, Burlington, Vermont
- College Business Teacher at Champlain College, Burlington, Vermont
Working with Autism
I have received my autism authorization from the State of California.
“The autism spectrum disorders added authorization authorizes the holder to conduct assessments, provide instruction, and special education related services to individuals with a primary disability of autism across the continuum of special education program options at the grade and age levels authorized by the prerequisite credential.” I obtained this studying at Santa Clara University and taking additional classes at the Morgan Center.